Consulting Services for Individuals and Ensembles
I offer consulting services to a limited number of individuals, musical ensembles and organizations interested in developing new strategies for impactful, sustainable artistry.
- Making a living from music.
- Negotiating the transition from college to professional life.
- Mid-career musicians coaching.
- New strategies for creative collaborations and community partnerships.
- Graduate study and employment in higher education.
- Developing a business model for your life, for your teaching practice, or your ensemble.
Sliding scales available for lower-income artists and ensembles.
Want to find out more?
Contact me to set up a free 30-minute consultation.
I want to thank you for all the help during my time working with you. My project was to prepare for my firs year out of school and I'm very happy and lucky to say that four months after graduating I'm making a modest living in Boston just by doing music. I have a private horn studio, teach percussion class twice a week at a middle school and beginning piano lessons in various after school music programs with flexibility to do gigs. I'm able to make money and save a little through it all. This lifestyle has its downsides - I do have to drive a lot every day and it takes a lot of time being stuck in traffic. But I'm overall incredibly happy because I'm being challenged and learning and have time to practice. Thank you for helping me open my mind to the possibilities out there. I'm really enjoying myself out of school!
Alex Stening, Boston MA (MM French Horn Performance, New England Conservatory)